I am attending a blog trip to beautiful Catalunya (Catalonia) from Saturday May 12 to Sunday May 20 2012. Flying into Barcelona, spending sometime exploring this wonderful city and a night out there will make the trip worthwhile.
There is however a very exciting and ambitious itinerary planned and I cannot wait to arrive and experience a stunning region of Europe. You can follow the trip on the #CatalunyaExperience hashtag on twitter.
Saturday May 12
am – Flight from Manchester to Barcelona
- Arrival an check-in at the Hotel Claris in Barcelona.
Sunday May 13 and Monday 14
- Exploring and admiring the beauty of the architecture of Barcelona’s Modernist Buildings
- Enjoying the F1 show in the Circuit of Catalunya
- Peaceful evening sailing on the Mediterranean
- Discover Bohemia Barcelona by night
Tuesday May 15
- Paragliding, hope the weather is good as really up for this adventurous activity!
- Enjoy a lunch of some local gastronomy
- Birdwatching and admiring the natural beauty of the region
- Dinner under the stars at Parc Astronòmic del Montsec
- Restful evening in a Monastery
Wednesday May 16
- A whole day spent walking in the beautiful National Park, Aigüestortes i Estanys de Sant Maurici
Thursday May 17
- Taking a breath of fresh spring air amongst the vines of the wineries of Priorat
- Enjoying some good local cuisine and the excellent wines produced
- Team building with the inspiring Castellers de Vilafranca that make the famous Catalonian human towers.
Friday May 18
- Spending sometime on the stunning coastline where the varied and colourful marine life of the region will be discovered
- Learning about some traditional Catalonian skills such as planting rice and fishing
- Dining out and maybe trying some of the fresh mussels in a beachside restaurant
Saturday May 19
- Return to Barcelona having completed a 342 mile (550km) round trip
- Learning about how the ancient Romans lived at the Tarraco Viva Festival
- Segway tour through the city and different activities in the Festival.
- Making the most of the final night in Barcelona
Sunday May 20
Retrun flight Barcelona to Manchester
I will be a grateful guest of the Catalunya Tourism Boardand really looking forward to it, though still not sure of the details which makes it quite exciting. I am also unsure of who else is attending and who our guides will be so if you are attending say hello on Twitter @MalloryOnTravel