I am attending a press trip to the beautiful Moroccan seaside town of Essaouira Thursday 26th – Sunday 29th April and hope you will follow the adventure on the #epicEssaouira hashtag.
Essaouira is a beautiful coastal location about two hour’s drive from Marrakech. It’s known for its hippy-chic atmosphere, gorgeous weather, delicious seafood and local activities (water sports, horse riding, pottery, cooking, beach quad biking are just a few).
The famous fishing port in the medina (a UNESCO World Heritage site) sits close to its colourful souk and a stone’s throw from its sandy beaches.
Day 1 Travel Day
Easyjet Flight Departing from London Gatwick
- Arrival in Marrakech
- Transfer from Marrakech to Essaouira by mini bus taking a scenic route with plenty of photo opportunities.
- Check in at the hotel Le Medina
- Evening dinner at Taros restaurant – Terrace offers a beautiful view of the beach, the ocean and the medina with live music…
Day 2 Vineyard – Gnawa music initiation
- am: Visit of Mogador
- Depart for the Val d’Argan vineyard for a visit of the site
- pm – Lunch on site in the restaurant that overlooks the vineyards with traditional Essaouira cooking
- Visit of the city of Essaouira
- Visit of Transe Music shop and initiation/workshop of Gnawa music
- Evening: Dinner at Mamouche restaurant
Day 3 – Horse riding and pottery course
- am: FREE TIME or horse riding
- pm: Lunch at the restaurant The Ocean Vagabond
- Visit of the Argan Oil cooperative KAOUKI with a guided tour showing the 7 step process for making Argan Oil. (Founded in 2005, the co-op focuses on the production of Argan oil and the creation of products that are 100% organic and high quality: Argan oil, soap, shampoo, creams etc.)
- Visit ‘L’Or d’Essaouira’ shop for home-made pottery in TADELEKT and pottery course using clay.
- E vening: Dinner at the restaurant ‘L’Heure Bleue’ – five star, stunning restaurant and hotel with roof-top pool and own private spa and cinema
Day 4 – Travelling
- 5am Check out of hotel (note that checkout time!)
- Transfer to Marrakech or Essaouira airport
Easyjet Flight Departs Marrakech
*All images courtesy of Ketchum Pleon Limited