I am travelling to the Midi-Pyrénées region in France organised by the Midi-Pyrénées , Aveyron and Tarn-et-Garonne Tourist Boards.
Flying Sunday from Manchester with bmibaby, this is extremely lucky for me as they are closing their Manchester hub and flights will be redirected to their East Midlands airport operation in future.
This is an abbreviated version of the itinerary which has been arranged for me and it looks really exciting. There are some amazing activities included such as parapenting, caving and via-ferrata, so cool, really looking forward to it.
A full PDF itinerary is available for those that are interested Midi-Pyrénées and you can follow the trip too. I will be tweeting using the #EpicPyrenees hashtag, there should be some amazing images and adventures so it will be fantastic if you can follow.
There will be some exciting posts to follow up the trip so do not go too far!
SUNDAY 17TH JULY
- Arrival in Toulouse Blagnac airport
- Night at the hotel Radisson near the airport
MONDAY 18TH JULY
- Departure for St Antonin Noble Val in Tarn-et-Garonne
- Meeting at the Club Variation at the Plage de Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val,
- AM – Speleology (caving/potholing) with Club Variation.
- PM – Guided tour of the castle with Bruniquel Tourist Office
- Guided tour of the village St Antonin Tourist Office.
- Evening – Check-in in the chambre d’hôtes « La Réverie » of Mme White.
TUESDAY 19TH JULY
- Day spent kayaking/canoeing with Club Variation – St-Antonin-Noble-Val
WEDNESDAY 20TH JULY
- AM – A morning spent climbing/bouldering with the Club Variation St-Antonin-Noble-Val
- PM – Mountain Day with the Club Variation
- Evening Suggestion : Reggae Concert at the salle des fêtes de Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val
THURSDAY 21ST JULY
- AM – Meeting at the Tourist Office for a guided tour in English
- PM – Arrival in AAGAC in Najac (possibly participating in a raid (canoeing, ‘tyrolienne’, ‘filet pont de singe’ or taking pictures of others doing the raid)
- Evening – Free visit of Najac and its castle (Great Tourist Site of Midi-Pyrénées and Most Beautiful Village in France)
FRIDAY 22ND JULY
- AM – Appointment at the Parc aventure AAGAC in Najac (‘accrobranche’: tree-top climbing)
- PM – Departure for Millau via Sanvensa, Baraqueville, La Primaube, Pont de Salars then Millau (2h20 drive).
- Mountain biking in Millau with Jean-Baptiste Cappa for around Millau. Maybe joined by Eric Maury from Aveyron Tourist Board, he is responsible for outdoor activities, blog and social media for Aveyron.
SATURDAY 23RD JULY
- AM – Via ferrata du Boffiin Millau with “Antipodes.”
- PM Bungee jumping from the bridge of St Eulalie de Cernon with other clients of Antipodes.
- Paragliding(parapenting) in Millau (according to the weather)
- If the weather is not suitable, will do the Vélorail of the Larzac, next to the bridge in Ste Eulalie de Cernon.
SUNDAY 24TH JULY
- AM – Appointment in Creissels by the „bateliers du viaduc“ for boating (2 h) under the Millau viaduct.
- Visit of the Aire du Viaduc. For more information, please ask for Marielle who speaks English and also works for Aveyron Tourist Board.
- PM – Appointment with Sandrine at the „Point Information“ of La Cavalerie for a guided visit of this Templar and Hospitaller Village
- Return to Toulouse
- Return to Manchester with bmibaby
I am very grateful to the organisers of this trip:
- Midi-Pyrenees Tourist Board
- Aveyron Tourist Board
- Tarn-et-Garonne Tourist Board
More details are available from their websites:
I had a great trip and my gratitude to bmibaby also for supplying the flights which were slick, professional and comfortable at both ends of the journey.
Check-in was quick and painless, luggage allowance was quite generous in the current climate of additional fees and the staff were pleasant throughout.
I have not flown via the East Midlands airport but look forward to doing so with them in future.